Cannabis Handler Training Course Program Information
The purpose and goal of the Responsible Cannabis Vendor Training is to provide those working in a Cannabis or Cannabis related career the essential education of general cannabis knowledge, basic laws, rules, and techniques regarding the cultivation, sale and consumption inside the medical and retail marijuana industry. These individuals will be better equipped to enhance public safety, welfare and health.
This training course is designed to prepare individuals in the Safe Handling of Cannabis and Cannabis related products.
This course is ANSI accredited and complies with ASTM e2659 standards. ANSI-ASTM standards are recognized in most states and counties, but it is always best to check with your local authorities to be sure you complete any additional local registration, fees, or applications.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what marijuana is along with the laws and rules regarding marijuana
- Explain why retail licenses and handler permits are necessary and how to protect them
- Describe unlawful acts and the consequences and identify ways to prevent unlawful acts
- Know what to do to prevent administrative and criminal liability
- Become familiar with basic site safety for both retail marijuana establishments and delivery vehicles
- Know how medical marijuana works and the process for medical marijuana patients, caregivers, and physicians
- Understand what is an is not legal concerning the sale of recreational marijuana
- Identify the harm marijuana can cause to pregnant women, adolescents, and the elderly
- Know how to verify identification to avoid underage sales
- Recognize marijuana products and identify what is considered a marijuana edible
- Determine the appropriate dosage, overconsumption and who should avoid marijuana consumption and why
- Recognize the signs marijuana abuse
- Identify a person impaired by marijuana and when impairment compromises the safety of others
- Learn how to politely but firmly refuse a sale to an intoxicated person
In order to successfully obtain a Certificate for this course, you must effectively complete each lesson and pass the final exam at the end of the course. The lessons will cover material that ensure that the program learning outcomes are met.
The course requires a minimum 180-minute participation time to be eligible to take the final exam. Our system will restrict access to the final exam until this time participation requirement is met.
There will be a total of 50 questions covered in this final exam with a 77% passing score necessary for successful completion.
The passing of the exam is necessary to have successfully completed the course and to earn your certificate. Should you fail the exam the first time, you will be given another attempt to pass the exam. A second exam failure will result in you having to retake the course before attempting the assessment again.
The Certificate is Non-Transferable.
Cancellation / Refund Policy:
Qualifications of Content Personnel:
The course content was developed by a former Senior Executive with an extended tenure at one of the world’s largest publishers that provides educational content and educational technology platforms.
The content has been updated over time through the help of individuals who are currently employed in the Cannabis industry at Senior-Level Executive roles as well as those who are involved in the Higher Education industry.
Conclusion and Conditions of Use:
Upon successfully completing this course, your certificate will enable you to show proof of training to obtain further licensing if necessary. This certificate is not the actual Responsible Cannabis Handler License, so you must always check with your local Health Department in charge of issuing these.
Changes to Program:
All changes to the program shall be communicated via email to all applicable stakeholders. Any upcoming changes to the program shall also be communicated here.