The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification Exam is accredited by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP).
The purpose of this exam is to certify food managers to better protect the public from foodborne illness.
You can find more detailed info on the policies and procedures that govern this exam in the Learn2Serve Candidate Information Booklet, available for download here: Candidate Information Booklet
These instructions will provide additional information you will need in order to successfully complete this exam with our Online Proctoring Service.
Our Online Proctoring Service is available for use Monday – Friday between 7 am & 10 pm CST.
To access our Online Proctoring Service, you’ll need Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on Microsoft Windows or Mac OSX.
If you’re attempting to access the Online Proctoring Service using any other operating system and/or browser, your system will fail the compatibility test and you will not be able to take the exam.
Minimum System Requirements:
Internet Connection (bandwidth) speed of at least 4 Mbps
Built-In or USB Camera and Microphone
If your system does not meet these minimum requirements or if you need assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
There are a few specific items you MUST have in order to start the exam:
- Valid government ID
- Small handheld mirror
Additionally, here is a list of items that are PROHIBITED from being in the room during your exam:
- Food and/or Drinks
- ANY electronic devices other than the computer you’re using to access your exam. Including but not limited to: cell phones, smart watches, any additional screens or monitors
- Any other items or materials
- No talking during the exam
- No moving locations during the exam
- No restroom breaks will be allowed
- Absolutely no cheating
If cheating is suspected:
- Your proctor will lock your exam to address the suspect behavior
- If the issue is resolved, the proctor will unlock the exam and you will be allowed to continue
- If the suspect behavior continues, your exam will be locked and an Incident Report will be filed
- If there is clear evidence of cheating your exam results will be invalidated and you will not receive your certification
- If you are found to be sharing or distributing any exam items (including questions and answers or other information) your exam will be invalidated, you will not receive your certification, and you may be held liable for copyright violations.
Our online proctoring is available Monday – Friday between 7am to 10pm (CST). To access your exam, simply launch the course in the 360training LMS and proceed through the following steps:
- After reading the course instructions and additional information in the course, you will be connected to a live proctor in our office who will supervise you during your exam using your computer screen, camera and microphone.
- The proctor will then walk you through a series of pre-exam instructions before your exam is unlocked which will include the following steps:
- Ensure that the door is closed to the room
- Ensure that all windows have the curtains pulled or the blinds fully covered
- Show the proctor the surface and underneath your desk
- Slowly do a 360-degree scan of the room walls.
- Slowly do a 360-degree scan of the ceiling
- Slowly do a scan of the floor around your desk area
- Slowly move your camera up across the surface of their computer so your keyboard is visible
- Show the proctor what is underneath your mouse and mouse-pad if you are using one
- Use a hand mirror and place it a foot in front of the camera so the proctor can see if there are any notes attached to your screen
- Slowly show the proctor what is in your pockets
- Show the proctor your wrists to ensure that you are not wearing a smartwatch
- You must ensure that all applications on your system outside of your browser are closed, including any background applications, specifically those used for sharing a screen, taking notes or any communication applications used for conferencing, by running a script to demonstrate that all unauthorized applications are closed.
- Once you’ve completed the pre-exam instructions, your proctor will unlock your exam and you can begin. You will have 90 minutes to complete your exam.
- Once you have answered all the questions, you will be able to review your answers on the “Answer Review” screen before you submit them for grading
- Review your answers by clicking individual questions in the list
- Once you have finished reviewing all of your selected answers and you’re ready to grade your exam, click “Submit”
- Your exam will be automatically graded upon clicking “Submit”
- You will then be notified whether you’ve passed or failed the exam and you’ll see a summary of your performance by topic
Please note: Throughout the exam, you MUST remain visible to the camera and your computer screen must be shared with your proctor. Your entire proctor session will be recorded; the recording will include you, your computer screen and the audio from the room you’re in.
After the Exam:
If you pass:
Congratulations! You will receive your official electronic “Certified Food Protection Manager” certificate immediately after you complete the exam.
You may be given the option to review your experience with a brief survey following the exam. We always appreciate any feedback you wish to provide.
When you’re done, you can either close the browser window or click “Save and Exit”
If you fail:
If you do not pass your first attempt, you will have one attempt remaining. If you’d like to make your second attempt immediately you can, just click “Begin Exam”. If you exit your second attempt before you finish the exam, it will void your attempt, so make sure you have enough time to complete it.
If you’d like to make your second attempt later, click “Save and Exit”.
Note: Your second exam attempt will be different from your first attempt. You are not allowed to attempt the exam more than twice in 90 days.