This course focuses on non-fault interrupting devices used on the distribution system for both overhead and underground applications. Emphasis is placed on load-break versus non-load-break interrupting devices and their proper applications, with details on how each type operates mechanically. Provided details demonstrate how sectionalizers and reclosers are used and how the required coordination between these two devices maximizes continuance of service to the customer while protecting distribution equipment. This course includes specifics on how linemen should physically switch these non-fault interrupting devices and concludes by reinforcing the importance of using required personal safety equipment and following required clearance procedures while switching is performed.
8013 Non-fault Interrupting Devices - North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- (609) 452-8060
- (609) 452-9550
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 116-390 Village Boulevard
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.