This course discusses the electronic systems needed to keep the system operator aware of situational changes on the power system during both normal and abnormal conditions. Remote terminal units (RTUs) are covered in detail, including the various methods used to process data before transmitting back to the system's master station. This course provides a description of the master station and how data, status, and alarms are electronically conveyed to the system operator, including how the operator can initiate commands to remotely operate equipment such as switches and circuit breakers. Redundant computer systems considered to be "hot standby" are described, along with the other tasks operators may need to perform.
8021 SCADA Systems - North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- (609) 452-8060
- (609) 452-9550
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 116-390 Village Boulevard
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.