360training's 2022 Workplace Safety Scholarship Program provides one exemplary student per semester with $1,000 to use for their tuition. This program provides financial aid to qualified high school students in their pursuit of an undergraduate degree.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for this program, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a US citizen
- Have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent before the start of the 2022 Fall semester
- Plan to attend an accredited university
Additionally, all applicants agree to the following terms and conditions:
How Do I Apply?
We select a scholarship winner based on responses to the essay prompt and their adherence to the grading rubric. You can find both below. There is no need to send your resume or transcript. You can copy and paste your essay and fill in your personal information in the submission form at the bottom of the page. In addition, a winning scholarship essay must:
- Be 500-750 words
- Be entirely free of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Include cited sources
Choose a newsworthy event within the past year where a workplace failed to adhere to OSHA safety standards, resulting in an occupational injury, illness, or death. Describe how the company or individuals involved in the event should have acted differently to prevent such an incident.
As specified in the grading rubric, essays will be reviewed based on organization, development, and word choice. We will accord additional consideration if you are able to relate the solution to an existing 360training course.
|Criteria||Excellent (3)||Above Avg. (2)||Adequate (1)||Inadequate (0)|
|Organization||The introduction is inviting, states the main topic, and provides an overview of the paper. Information is relevant and presented logically, with transitions between ideas and paragraphs to create coherence. The conclusion is clear and compelling.||The introduction states the main topic and provides an overview of the paper. Writing is coherent, logically organized, and includes a conclusion.||The introduction states the main topic. A conclusion is included.||There is no clear introduction, structure, or conclusion.|
|Development||The author’s purpose of writing is obvious, and there is strong evidence of attention to the audience. Reveals a high degree of critical thinking.||The author’s purpose of writing is somewhat straightforward, and there is some evidence of attention to the audience. Critical thinking is weaved into points.||The author’s purpose of writing is somewhat clear, and there is evidence of attention to the audience. Some critical thinking is present.||The author’s purpose of writing is unclear, with little to no critical thinking involved.|
|Word Choice||The author uses vivid words and phrases to convey the intended message in an exceptionally interesting, precise, and natural way appropriate to the audience and purpose.||The author uses words and phrases functionally to effectively convey the intended message appropriate to the audience and purpose.||The author uses words that communicate clearly, but the writing lacks precision, interest, or variety.||The writer uses a limited vocabulary with monotonous or misused language detracting from the meaning and impact.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I edit or change my application or documents after I submit them?
No. Once your application has been submitted, you will not be able to make edits or changes. Please take your time and be thorough while you write and submit your essay and personal information.
How are scholarship recipients selected?
Eligible applications are evaluated using the grading rubric above, with points awarded to essays based on organization, development, and word choice.
When and how are winners announced?
All students who submit a 360training scholarship application will be notified, regardless of the decision, by August 20, 2022.
How does the payment work?
A scholarship disbursement of $1,000 will be made directly to the student, specified for tuition and fees.
Date Last Modified: Initiated January 27, 2022
THROUGH APPLICATION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OF ITS TERMS, THEN YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY CLAIM TO SCHOLARSHIP. 360’S ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ASSENT TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT; IF THESE TERMS ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER BY 360, THEN ACCEPTANCE IS LIMITED TO THESE TERMS. THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND 360.
This Agreement may NOT be accepted behalf of a company, organization, government or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that information in submission is (i) Your own work and not plagiarized in any way and (ii) factual to the best of your knowledge unless clearly represented as Your opinion.
The Scholarship is available only to persons who are the age of majority and can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, this Scholarship is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If You do not qualify, please do not submit an Application.
1. SUBMISSION FOR 360 SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE REVIEWED BASED ON CRITERIA DETERMINED AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF 360. ADDITIONALLY, AWARD AND FUNDING OF SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE COMPLETED AT 360’S SOLD DISCRETION. 360 AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, AND LICENSORS: (i) CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE SCHOLARSHIP TO ANY SUBMISSION.
a. ALL SUBMISSIONS, AWARDED SCHOLARSHIP OR NOT, ARE SUBJECT TO BE USED BY 360 AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION FOR MARKETING, COURSE PRODUCTION, OR ANY MATTER AS 360 SEES FIT WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION PROVIDED TO YOU. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, CONTENT, LIKENESS, FIRST NAME, AND LAST INITIAL.
b. JOB PLACEMENT DISCLAIMER. 360 does not guarantee job placement upon enrollment, use, or completion of any 360 Course.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
2. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER 360 NOR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS WILL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, OR ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR SUBMISSION, OR 360'S PERFORMANCE OF (OR FAILURE TO PERFORM) ANY OBLIGATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES DUE TO LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION COSTS, DAMAGES FROM DELAY OF EDUCATIONAL ATTENDANCE, OR OTHER DAMAGES CAUSED BE AWARDED SCHOLARSHIP, EVEN IF 360, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS HAD ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE.
3. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE. This Agreement will be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, exclusive of its choice of law rules, and where applicable, the laws of the United States of America. You hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Travis County, Texas (USA). The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to this Agreement and is hereby expressly excluded. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You or 360 may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect Your or 360’s intellectual property (like copyrights and trademarks) in any court with competent jurisdiction.
4. WAIVER. The failure of either party to require strict performance by the other party of any provision hereof will not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor will the waiver by either party of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. Any waiver of any right or provision herein will not be effective unless in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties.
5. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign Your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of 360, which 360 may refuse in its sole discretion. Any attempted assignment without prior written consent from 360 will be deemed null and void. 360 may assign its rights and/or obligations under this Agreement at any time. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
6. SEVERABILITY. If any part of this Agreement is for any reason found to be unenforceable, all other parts nevertheless remain enforceable as long as a party's rights under this Agreement are not materially affected. In lieu of the unenforceable provision, the parties will substitute or add as part of this Agreement a provision that will be as similar as possible in economic and business objectives as was intended by the unenforceable provision.
7. COMPLETE AGREEMENT. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between 360 and You, which supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between the parties in relation to the subject matter of this Agreement. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, any modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties by their duly authorized representatives. Section headings are used for convenience only and will in no way affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement will be interpreted without application of any strict construction in favor of or against You or 360.
8. MODIFICATIONS. 360 reserves the right, in its discretion, to change, modify, add to, or remove portions of the terms of this Agreement (collectively, “Changes”), at any time. 360 will notify You of Changes by sending an email to the address identified in Your account or by posting a revised version of the Agreement incorporating the Changes to 360’s website. Your continued use of or access to 360 Courses following notice of the Changes or posting of the Agreement incorporating the Changes on the 360 website will mean that You accept and agree to the Changes. Such Changes will apply prospectively beginning on the date the Changes are posted to the 360 website.