This course discusses how utilities and customers can work together to reduce loads during peak periods in order to help reduce the utility's power supply cost. Utilities usually offer the customer an incentive to reduce, interrupt, or shift its loads during these peak periods. This course covers direct load control initiated by the utility as well as several customer-controlled programs. In addition, this course discusses emergency load curtailment that utilities sometimes employ when there is not sufficient time to notify customers to implement other load-control programs, as well as automatic under-frequency load-shed programs.
8032 Demand Management - North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- (609) 452-8060
- (609) 452-9550
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 116-390 Village Boulevard
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.