The objective of this module, the first in the series on 'Steam Power and Cogeneration' is to present the different cycle arrangements that are commonly employed in steam turbine power generation installations. Energy concepts and steam fundamentals are also reviewed to improve understanding and provide examples of efficiency calculations. Finally, to prepare the way for the remainder of the module, an introduction is made to the major systems of the steam power plant and their functions.
- Co-generation arrangements
- Heat recovery from diesels and gas turbines
- Back pressure steam turbines
- Energy utilization
- Balance of heat and power demand
- Condensing turbines
- Condenser loss
- Units of absolute pressure, vacuum
- Feedwater heating
- Extraction steam for process
- Forms of energy; heat, mechanical, electrical
- Properties of steam and water
- Sensible heat, latent heat, super heat
- Effect of pressure on saturation temperature
- Use of steam tables
- Heat and efficiency calculations for different cycles
- Effect of operating conditions on efficiency
- The reheat cycle
- The use of temperature-entropy charts
- Function of major plant systems
1. Main and auxiliary steam
2. Turbine extraction steam
3. Condenser circulating water
4. Condensate and feedwater systems
5. Feedwater heaters
6. Boiler and combustion systems
7. Boiler air and gas systems
8. Fuel supply systems
9. Turbine support systems
10. Generator support systems
11. Monitoring and control systems
12. Station service supply systems
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations of successfully completing your Course!Please take a moment to fill out the NERC survey below:SURVEY
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.