Introduction to OHSAS 18001
1 Learner Reviews -
Love to Save? Get 10% Off this course until 2/28. Discount Applied in Cart.
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 1
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Audience: Environmental / Compliance Managers & Consultants, Internal & External Auditors, EMS executioners.
Health and safety in the workplace is an issue that affects all businesses. Implementation of an occupational health and safety system has now been mandated by law in many countries. In order to comply with the legislation and devise a system to ensure a safe environment in the workplace, you should introduce a management system to help reduce the risk of accidents, litigation and downtime. An Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) provides a paradigm for managing OHS responsibilities efficiently and integrating it seamlessly into the overall business operations.
This course is based on the recognized assessment specification OHSAS 18000. Taking this course can reduce risk, help you and your company stay in compliance with legal requirements, and improve overall performance.
Upon completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand the basics of Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Understand the benefits of OHSAS 18000.
- Understand the relationship between OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Develop knowledge about OHSAS 18001.
The course covers the following topics:
- OHSAS 18001 Series
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS)
- OHSMS and an Organization
- Benefits and Implementation of OHSMS / OHSAS 18001
- OHSAS 18001 vs ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Integration of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Risk Assessment & Control
- Structure & Responsibility within OHSMS
- Documentation & Audit
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have completed this course. Please return to your My Training Page and print your Certificate of Completion. Be sure to use color ink
The final exam must be passed successfully with 70% or higher in order to receive your certificate of completion.
What is Introduction to OHSAS 18001 Training?
The OHSAS 18001 training is designed to help organizations develop an understanding of the 18001 standard's key terms and definitions, most especially the specifications that were updated in 2007. The training program also covers the requirements and benefits of health and safety management systems using the risk management assessment framework of BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
Why should organizations take the OHSAS 18001 Training?
The BS OHSAS 18001:2007 features key updates like greater emphasis on the "health" component of "health and safety" among other changes. The new specification is also more closely aligned with the structures of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 so that organizations would have an easier time adopting OHSAS 18001 alongside existing management systems. The training will allow organizations to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles within their workplace. Thus, reinforcing existing processes, while also being a catalyst in building a more efficient and structured approach to health and safety management.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
251+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.