Real estate licensees are being confronted with a number of dilemmas in today's market in residential property transactions. We will be examining top issues today in the form of custom case studies that describes licensees who are in violation followed by best practices that should be adopted to avoid such situations. The course attempts to assist the agent to understand their role and to be able to explain it to the buyer or seller. Also we will discuss the statutes and rules in Louisiana Real Estate Law along with the appropriate Articles and Standards of Practice in the REALTOR® Code of Ethics that apply to these issues. We will provide guidelines on implementing these bodies of compliance in real estate practice.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the processes of proper recordkeeping.
- Identify and use the required disclosures in a real estate transaction.
- Explain the issues involved with assistive/service animals and other Fair Housing issues.
- Properly prepare, present and annotate an offer more effectively.
- Explain what information must be included in a real estate advertisement.
- Explain the proper procedure in assisting the client in determining the square footage of the property.
- Avoid the unauthorized practice of law.
- Differentiate between what is confidential and what is material regarding a fact.
- Explain what is considered unprofessional and unethical conduct.
- Assist a client in properly answering questions on the property disclosure statement.
2. Required Disclosures
3. Fair Housing (Service and Assistive Animals) & Other Issues
4. Deposits & Commingling
5. Improperly Prepare, Present or Annotate an Offer
6. Advertising Laws & Rules
7. Giving Legal or Tax Advice
9. Don't Measure the House, but Check the Measurements
10. Unprofessional & Unethical Conduct
11. "NK" Instead of "No" on the Property Disclosure Form
This course covers the following topics:
- Required Disclosures
- Fair Housing
- Deposits and Commingling
- Improperly Prepare, Present or Annotate an Offer
- Advertising Law and Rules
- Giving Legal and Tax Advice
- Don't Measure the House, but Check the Measurements
- Unprofessional and Unethical Conduct
- "NK" Instead of "No" on the Property Disclosure Form
Louisiana Real Estate Best Practices - Louisiana Real Estate Commission
- Louisiana Real Estate Commission
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 9071 Interline Avenue
- Baton Rouge
End of Course Instructions
Once you have completed this continuing education course you return to your student profile page where your Certificate of Completion is available for printing. Please keep a copy of your certificate for your own records.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule