In this course we will first address the Law of Agency and the applicable Missouri Rules and Statutes regarding them. In the next lesson we will address the Standard of Care by defining it, explaining how it can be violated and how to effectively comply with it. We will then review the REALTOR® Code of Ethics and how they apply to real estate professional practice. In the following lesson we will address the Fair Housing Laws at the both the State and Federal Levels and how a broker can best comply with them. In the final lesson we will address the following Federal Laws: RESPA, TILA, and TRID requirements under the Dodd Frank Act. We will also address the requirements of Affiliated Business Arrangements and Joint Venture companies in a broker's practice.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain and implement critical Missouri Rules & Statutes into your real estate agency representation procedures and practice.
- Explain and meet the Standard of Care in professional practice and execute proper procedures in making material disclosures.
- Explain and implement the mandates of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
- Explain and implement proper practices to ensure compliance with both State and Federal Fair Housing Laws.
- Explain the RESPA/TILA & TRID Disclosure Requirements and oversee their proper implementation in transactions.
- Agency Basics
- Ways to Create & Terminate Agency Relationships
- Missouri Statutes Related to Representation
- Missouri Agency Rules Related to Representation
- Missouri Brokerage relationship disclosures
- Reasons for the litigious environment
- Cases that have reversed "Caveat Emptor"
- The Standard of Care
- Missouri Title Transfer
- Missouri Real Estate Disclosure Law
- Real Estate Advertising Statutes
- The Beginning of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- 17 Articles of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics applies to everyday real estate professional practice
- Review of COE
- History of Civil Rights Legislation
- Protected Classes in the USA & Missouri
- Fair Housing Violations
- Do's and Don'ts for Mortgage Lenders and HOA's
- Filing Complaints
- RESPA/Section 8 Provisions
- RESPA/Section 9 Provisions
- The Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA) - Regulation Z
- Affiliated Business Arrangements & Joint Venture Company
- The TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) Requirements
Missouri Laws Governing The Transfer of Real Property - Missouri Real Estate Commission
- Missouri Real Estate Commission
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 3605 Missouri Boulevard
- Jefferson City
End of Course Instructions
Upon successfully completing your course, please print your Certificate of Completion. Please go to the "My Courses" section of your profile, and from the "Show" drop-down list select "Completed Courses". Once selected, please click on the "Print Certificate" icon in blue to print your Certificate of Completion. Your course will be reported within 10 days of course completion.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule