The course approval number for this course will be available upon request
This course covers major environmental hazards. Licensees need to familiarize themselves with environmental issues because they have a responsibility to disclose to buyers any information that might affect their decision to buy. Environmental hazards can dramatically affect a property's value, so buyers, sellers, lenders and licensees all can be affected by them. This course includes the following lessons: - The Indoor Environment- The External Environment- Legislation- Disclosure and Site Assessment- Real Estate Practice Students will learn throughout this course to identify internal and external environmental issues. They will learn about health hazards, environmental legislation, liability and responsibility for cleanup and protection. They will also learn about actions they should take and how issues affect licensees and lending. Licensees are not expected to be environmental experts, but in this course students will acquire a competency with environmental issues which will help them to elucidate issues for buyers, sellers and lenders. Knowledge of environmental issues also will help protect them from charges of nondisclosure. The conclusion of this course presents real world dilemmas and applications of the information presented. As the student completes this course, he or she should try to paint a big picture of environmental issues, which the course will address with comprehensive content questions, practices and case studies.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify recent laws that have an impact on environmental issues, including lead-based paint disclosure laws.
- State the procedures used to locate toxic waste sites, the responsibilities for cleanup and steps that may be taken to minimize future liabilities.
- Describe the nature of major air pollutants and the remedies that may be applied to minimize their effects.
- Identify at least three sources of human exposure to PCBs and at least two health effects seen in humans exposed to PCBs.
- Outline landowners responsibility for the protection of wetlands areas on their property.
- Identify the issues landowners and developers face regarding endangered-species protection.
- Sketch the nature of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) and the possible need for testing in areas where these are present.
- Describe at least two major provisions of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act.
- Outline the current status of environmental laws and their effect on property insurance and mortgage lending.
Environmental Hazards - Nebraska Real Estate Commission
End of Course Instructions
Upon successfully completing this course you will be able to print the certificate and you are requested to please keep a copy of the certificate with you for your records.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule