Methamphetamine use has become a fast growing problem with meth labs springing up all across America, leaving a menacing wake in its path. Not only is this substance highly addictive, it's inexpensive to produce and easy to use, but the chemicals used in processing this drug are volatile with very toxic by-products. This course is designed to heighten the knowledge and awareness of the imminent dangers, not only to the populace, but to the environment and its effects on consumers, clients, real property ownership, and the real estate practitioner. Students will learn about the history of meth, its composition, how to recognize a meth lab, the cost and time involved in remediation of a meth lab, and where to obtain additional, updated information so they may stay apprised of new laws, polices and the latest methods for meth lab detection.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn about the associated health risks; Identify how to recognize a meth lab; Recall the history of methamphetamines
- Explain what meth is and the differences between meth and cocaine; Recognize the signs of meth use; Interpret slang and terminology used on the street and by law enforcement; Describe how meth is used; Identify possible meth labs
- Identify meth lab contaminants; Describe common meth lab chemicals and their effects; Discuss ephedrine and anhydrous ammonia
- List dangers meth labs pose to property and persons; Describe “First Response” procedures; Formulate a plan for dealing with a potential problem in or around one's property; Follow the resources provided within the course to further research the topic and keep abreast of changes in law, policies, and detection
This course covers the following topics:
- The Methamphetamine Epidemic
- The Drug
- How Methamphetamine is Made
- Meth Labs and Property
Meth Madness - NYS Department of State Division of Licensing Services Bureau of Educational Standards
- NYS Department of State Division of Licensing Services Bureau of Educational Standards
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 123 William Street
- New York City
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have completed this continuing education course. Please close this window to return to your My Training Page where your Certificate of Completion is available for printing. Please keep a copy of your certificate for your own records.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule