The course approval number for this course will be available upon request
This course explores the meaning of real property ownership and the differences between real estate and personal property. Although these terms are often used interchangeably in everyday conversation, there are different rights associated with these different commodities. It is important that licensees understand the differences between them and are able to explain the distinctions to their clients and customers. This course addresses the following topics: Personal and Real Property Ownership Land Description Controlling Development Real Estate Practice Lesson throughout this course, the student will learn how different commodities land, real estate, and real property transfer and relate to one another. In addition, the student will learn about land use theory and come to understand how our federal, state, municipal and private authorities govern and plan our communities. This course covers legal descriptions as well as informal descriptions, the development of these concepts and the role they play in the real estate industry. This courses final lesson presents real-world dilemmas and provides opportunities to apply the information covered in the rest of the course. As the student completes this course, he or she should try to develop a broad understanding of real property use and to place this understanding within the larger context of real estate practice as a whole. This final lesson aims to help the student achieve this goal using comprehensive content questions, practice examples and case studies.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the difference between land, real estate and real property.
- Recognize the difference between real property and personal property.
- State the definition of a fixture.
- Explain the general character of surface, subsurface and air rights, as well as littoral and riparian rights.
- Outline the basic features of the metes and bounds survey method and the rectangular survey method.
- Distinguish the vertical method of land description from other survey methods.
- Name the basic public and private methods employed to control the use and development of land.
- Outline the highest and best use theory of land use.
Real Property Ownership And Land Use - Ohio Department of Commerce Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing
- Ohio Department of Commerce Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 77 South High Street, 20th Floor
End of Course Instructions
Upon successfully completing this course you will be able to print the certificate and you are requested to please keep a copy of the certificate with you for your records
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule