Water Resources is one in a series of courses involving human ecology. Special attention is given to global water systems, water usage, the effect on the world's population, pollution, water quality standards, wetland protection, and the importance of conservation with the strategies for achieving these goals.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze and put current global and U.S. water use in the context of water supply; Discuss the Ogallala aquifer depletion, irrigation efficiency, and the effects of irrigation subsidies on irrigation efficiency
- Evaluate global population growth in perspective; Illustrate statistics involving proportion living near a coast and immigration to the U.S.; Discuss physical properties of water, water distribution, and movement around the world
- Diagram the history of the environmental movement in the U.S. and the genesis of environmental legislation; Illustrate point and non-point sources of water pollution; Summarize water quality standards
- Discuss natural wetlands, their distribution, history, and ecological value; Explain wetland protection; Contrast constructed wetlands and their applications with natural wetlands; Relate wellhead protection programs with emphasis on source water assessments
- Summarize basic information about the world's oceans and their zonation; Discuss the 2003 report of the Pew Oceans Commission on the state of U.S. oceans; Recognize the variety of coastal and marine environmental problems that are accumulating; Explain the ecological and economic importance of our coastal and marine
- environments; Describe new ocean governance and a new ocean ethic, coastal zone management efforts, tsunamis Explain impacts of watershed; Summarize the National Flood Insurance Program Plan; Identify, and tsunami hazard mitigation
- Discuss the topic of floods; water conservation strategies
This course covers the following topics:
- Global and U.S. Water Use
- Global Population Growth and Statistics
- Environmental History and Legislation
- Natural Wetlands
Water Resources - Oregon Real Estate Agency
End of Course Instructions
Once you have completed this continuing education course you return to your student profile page where your Certificate of Completion is available for printing. Please keep a copy of your certificate for your own records.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Unlimited, 24/7 toll free phone and online chat support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule