The course approval number for this course will be available upon request
Property management is a special category of real estate work. The term "property management" generally refers to the group of services that an owner hires a professional property manager or management firm to perform. The quality of management directly affects the profitability of the property being managed. A skilled property manager thus protects the owner's capital investment in real estate and makes sure that the property generates profit. In many cases, property managers must be licensed real estate brokers.
This course includes the following lessons:
- Introduction to Property Management
- Management Plans and Management Agreements
- A Property Manager's Typical Duties
- Interacting with Tenants
- Real Estate Practice
We will cover a property manager's basic functions, including administrative duties, leasing practices, and the manager's legal relationships with the owner and the tenants of the property. The course also discusses the way to construct a management agreement so that the manager and the owner clearly understand one another's roles. Licensees will benefit from understanding the various types of property management, as well as the duties that successful property managers must carry out.
The concluding lesson presents real-world dilemmas and concrete applications of the information presented in the rest of the course. As the student completes this module, he or she should try to develop a broad picture of property management and how it fits into the larger practice of real estate; the last lesson will help with this project by presenting comprehensive content questions, practice problems, and case studies.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn about the duties when interacting with tenants
- Learn the basic functions including administrative duties, leasing practices and the managers legal relationships with the owner and the tenants of the property.
- Construct a management agreement so that the manager and the owner clearly understand one another's roles.
- Understand the various types of property management, as well as the duties that successful property managers must carry out.
This course covers the following topics:
- History and Purpose of Professional Property Management
- Real Estate Economics and Property Management
- Properties that Benefit from Professional Management
- The Manager-Owner Relationship
- Creating a Management Plan
- Writing Management Agreements and Reports
- Marketing a Property
- Maintaining a Property and Its Finances
- Employing Management and Maintenance Staff
- Managing Environmental Hazards
- Risk Management
- Screening Tenants
- Managing Tenant Relationships
- Security Deposits and Rent Collection
- How and Why Property Managers Evict Tenants
- Residential Property and Fair Housing Laws
- Types of Tenancies and Leases
- Assignments and Subleases
- Breach of a Lease Contract
- Terminating a Lease
- Insight into Property Management: Questions and Answers
Property Management - Texas Real Estate Commission
End of Course Instructions
Upon successfully completing your course, please print your Certificate of Completion. Please go to the "My Courses" section of your profile, and from the "Show" drop-down list select "Completed Courses". Once selected, please click on the "Print Certificate" icon in blue to print your Certificate of Completion.
This course includes lesson quizzes and you will be required to pass the lesson quizzes in order to proceed to the next lesson.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule