The course approval number for this course will be available upon request
The objective of this course is to teach real estate professionals how they can help their clients with the process of buying and selling property on a tax-favorable basis. The first two lessons describe a method of real estate purchase using pre-tax dollars and of growing the estate within a qualified product. We will discuss the current tax advantages of using both qualified and non-qualified tax products such as IRAs, SEP IRAs, 401(k)s, Roth IRAs and charitable gift annuities. The use of these applications provides the real estate professional with an opportunity to create a long-standing and profitable relationship with his or her clients, as well as attracting a more sophisticated investor wishing to find an alternative to 1031 exchanges.Lessons three and four of this module will explain the many important aspects of Internal Revenue Code Section 1031. The course will focus on the benefits of the 1031 exchange for the investor, the licensee and the other parties involved in the transaction. The student will learn which properties qualify under Section 1031 and how to use the various types of 1031 exchanges to enhance the clients position in the investment real estate market. The concluding lesson in this module presents real-world dilemmas and concrete applications of the information presented in the rest of the course. As the student completes this module, he or she should try to develop a broad picture of tax-favorable real estate transactions and how they fit into the larger practice of real estate. The last lesson will help with this project by presenting comprehensive content questions, practice problems and case studies.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify motivated buying and selling clients.
- Outline the attributes of qualified and non-qualified products and how they can benefit to the sales process.
- Describe the restrictive rulings of the 1031 exchange program.
- Explain how money can be accumulated using pre-tax dollars, accumulating interest on a tax-deferred basis and creating litigation protection.
- State charitable strategies for creating income and tax relief for individuals or families owning highly-appreciated real estate.
- Describe charitable gift annuities and the annuity payments, income benefits and tax advantages associated with them.
- State the parameters that the IRS uses to define a valid 'like kind- exchange.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of various exchanging alternatives.
- Outline the mechanics of a successful tax-deferred exchange and the role of each party in those exchanges.
- Identify common exchange documentation and describe the role of a qualified intermediary.
- Define boot and explain how to deal with it.
- Calculate whether a sale is preferable to an exchange.
Tax Favorable Real Estate Transactions - Texas Real Estate Commission
- Texas Real Estate Commission
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1700 N. Congress Avenue
End of Course Instructions
Upon successfully completing this course you will be able to print the certificate and you are requested to please keep a copy of the certificate with you for your records
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule