All Americans have the right to attempt to purchase, rent, or finance housing for themselves in the location of their choosing, regardless of their gender, religion, handicap, color, race, national origin or familial status. To help ensure that no one is deprived of this right, Congress passed the federal Fair Housing Act in 1968. This Act prohibits unethical discrimination by those who rent, sell and finance residential real estate. This module discusses the federal Fair Housing Act, as well as other anti-discrimination laws that directly affect the real estate industry and the financing of real estate. Upon completion of this course, you will understand the legislation, its purpose, and importance. You will also be familiar with the penalties for violating such statutes and have a better understanding of how you can avoid unethical discrimination in your everyday conduct.
Virginia Fair Housing - Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
- Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 400
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule