This module is designed as a 3-hour course to educate students on ethics in the real estate industry and to better understand the NAR® Code of Ethics, its enforcement procedures, and practical use of the guidelines set forth therein. The student must pass a comprehensive final exam to receive credit for the module.Because real estate agents usually work and specialize in local communities, they tend to build rapport very quickly. To build reputable associations, agents should win the trust and respect of the people they work with by adhering to the highest morals and ethical practices, thus ensuring client loyalty. This course introduces you to some of the general ideas and theories that help apply the concept of ethical judgment. This provides a background for a detailed discussion of professional real estate ethics that is framed in terms of the NAR® Code of Ethics. In this module, we will frequently refer to the NAR® Code of Ethics as the Code of Ethics or simply the Code .As the student completes this module, he or she should try to develop a broad perspective of ethics in real estate and how this translates into the overall goal of professionalism. We will discuss the history of the Code of Ethics, the concepts included in the articles, the structure of the Code, the enforcement and hearing process, procuring cause, ethics and arbitration claims, mediation, arbitration, and NAR®s Pathway to Professionalism. This course includes the following lessons: The History and Preamble of the NAR® Code of Ethics The Structure of the Code of Ethics The Enforcement Process
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Summarize the history of the Code of Ethics, its influence on state licensing laws, and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- List the major categories of the Code of Ethics.
- Identify aspirational concepts in the Preamble to the NAR® Code of Ethics.
- Describe the concept of general business ethics and identify how the Code of Ethics compares and contrasts with the concept of general business ethics.
- Discuss the concepts within the Articles of the Code of Ethics.
- Identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics.
- Extend the professional standards enforcement process of the Association.
- Define procuring cause.
- Apply NAR®s Pathways to Professionalism.
Real Estate Ethics and NAR Code of Ethics - Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing your course!
You will now be able to print your certificate online. Please wait at least 30 seconds until the certificate loads on your screen. We will inform the Virginia Real Estate commission about the completion of your courses.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Unlimited, 24/7 toll free phone and online chat support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule