Montana Sales Pre-License
4 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 60
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Pre License
- Difficulty: Beginner
This prelicense course begins by introducing the student to various types of real estate careers, activities, companies, and governmental agencies that regulate the industry. Then the course explores property rights, forms of ownership, property restrictions, and zoning. Students will learn the mathematical calculations and formulas commonly used in the real estate industry. The course provides an overview of agency relationships, contract law, property transfers, listing agreements, and deeds as well as environmental issues that licensees may encounter. The general prelicense section ends with an exploration of loans and the loan process, leasing, ethics, and fair housing laws. The Montana License Law section examines the laws and rules governing the licensing and conduct of Montana real estate professionals, beginning with an overview of the role, structure, responsibilities, and duties of the Montana Board of Realty Regulation. Students explore the real estate related activities that require a license, as well as the requirements for obtaining and renewing various real estate licenses. Licensee duties, agency relationships, unprofessional conduct, trust accounts, foreclosures, the Real Estate Recovery Account, property management, and the Residential Landlord and Tenant Act are also discussed. The course closes with the condominium requirements under the Montana Unit Ownership Act.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn about the various types of real estate careers, activities, companies, and governmental agencies that regulate the industry.
- Explore theproperty rights, forms of ownership, property restrictions, and zoning.
- Learn the mathematical calculations and formulas commonly used in the real estate industry.
- Be familiar with agency relationships, contract law, property transfers, listing agreements, and deeds as well as environmental issues that licensees may encounter.
- Explore the concept of loans and the loan process, leasing, appraisal methods, and fair housing laws
- Learn about the requirements for securing and maintaining a license, the real estate-related activities that require a license, and the responsibilities of a qualifying broker
This course covers the following topics:
Real Estate Law Violations
Real Property Rights
Characteristics of Real Property
Land, Tenements, Hereditaments, and Estates
Life Tenants and Nonfreehold Estates
Condominiums and Cooperatives
Time Shares and Related Topics
Easements and Liens
Conditions, Covenants, Restrictions and Encroachments
Real Estate Ownership: A Summary
Real Estate Math: Formulas
Real Estate Math: Prorations
Real Estate Math: Survey Systems
Agency and Brokerage Relationships
Basic Contract Law
Types of Contracts
Fraud and Voidability
Termination of Contracts
The Selling Process
Deeds: Part 1
Deeds: Part 2
Asbestos and Formaldehyde
Real Estate Financing Practices
Types of Mortgages
FHA and VA Programs
Veterans' Administration Loans
The Loan Process
Principals of Financing
Basics of Leasing
Escrow and Settlement Process
General Business Ethics and the Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics Articles and Standards of Practice
Enforcement of the Code of Ethics
Case Interpretations, Part I
Case Interpretations, Part II
Fair Housing Protected Classes and Blocking
Americans with Disabilities Act
History of Fair Housing in America
Fair Housing: Law of the Land
Fair Housing Rules
Board of Realty Regulation and Licensing
Licensee Duties, Agency Relationships, and Unprofessional Conduct
Montana License Law Trust Accounts, Recovery Account, and Foreclosures
Licensure of Property Managers
Montana Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
Montana Unit Ownership Act - Condominiums
Montana Sales Prelicense - Montana Board of Realty Regulation
- Montana Board of Realty Regulation
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- [email protected]
- 301 S. Park Ave., 4th Floor
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing your Pre-license course. You may now print your certificate and submit it to Montana Board of Realty Regulation upon application for your license. Please be advised that you must first pass the state exam (if you have not already done so).
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule