When representing buyers and sellers, one of the most important things a real estate licensee does is to prepare and review offers for them by filling in the blanks of promulgated forms.
In order to be knowledgeable, as required by the Cannons of Professional Ethics, it is necessary for licensees to not only know what goes in the blanks but what is in the pre-printed portion of the contact.
Licensees may not give legal advice and must advise the parties to seek help from their own attorney if a question arises regarding legal rights or remedies.
Licensees can, however, point out to the parties the verbiage in the contact form. To fulfill that roll, licensees must be completely familiar with the forms.
Promulgated Contract Forms - Texas Real Estate Commission
- Texas Real Estate Commission
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1700 N. Congress Avenue
TREC Guideline Update effective September 1, 2017
As of September 1st, new TREC Guidelines require students to take all qualifying exams in the presence of an official proctor. Click here to learn more.
TREC now requires exams to be taken in the presence of a qualified, eligible Proctor to qualify for a certificate of completion.
Please see below for a list of acceptable Proctors:
- An authorized notary
- Employees at official testing or learning/tutoring centers
- Librarians at a school, university, or public library
- College or university administrators, faculty, or academic advisors
- Clergy who are affiliated with a specific temple, synagogue, mosque, or church
- Members of the court system – a Judge, justice of the peace, magistrates, and prosecutors
- Law Enforcement Officers – a sergeant, lieutenant, or captain and
- Educational officers of a military installation or correctional facility.
As set out in Texas Occupations Code §53.025 and TREC Rule 541.1, you may be requested to provide a background check prior to enrolling in Texas real estate courses. If you have any criminal offenses, unpaid judgments, had discipline taken against a professional or occupational license, or have performed unlicensed activity, TREC requires you to consider submitting a completed Moral Character Determination Form before applying for a license.Close
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule