Asbestos is a substance that has been used for centuries. Its heat-resistant properties make it almost indestructible; due to this property, asbestos have been widely used in the construction industry, especially for pipe and boiler insulation. Before 1973, asbestos was sprayed onto different surfaces for fire protection purposes, but this practice was banned due to the hazardous nature of asbestos. Furthermore, it is no longer used for insulating pipes and boilers. However, asbestos can still be found in many older buildings. Those who work in construction, repair, demolition and renovations are at a greater risk of contracting asbestos-related diseases such as asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma. There is no safe level for exposure to asbestos. This course introduces the students to the hazards of asbestos in the workplace and provides information about the measures that must be taken in order to minimize the effects of exposure to asbestos.
- Describe the hazards of asbestos in the workplace.
- Discuss the health effects of exposure to asbestos.
- Identify and assess asbestos-related work activities.
- Apply control measures for low-risk, moderate-risk, and high-risk activities.
- Relate the proper disposal of asbestos containing material.
- Select appropriate protective equipment.
Module 1: Struck By and Caught-in-Between Module 2: Fall Protection Module 3: Electrical Safety
Hazards of Asbestos in the Workplace - Florida Electrical Contractors Licensing Board
- Florida Electrical Contractors Licensing Board
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 2601 Blair Stone Road
Subject Matter Expert
Michael Millsap - Mike has over 20 years experience in Environmental Health and Safety and is currently a certified Outreach Training Instructor with 360training.com.
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing your course! You may now print your certificate of completion.
The final exam must be completed with a 70% or higher pass rate to receive your certificate of completion.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.