The purpose of this course is to familiarize the participant with the features of motor operation and the most common types of protective devices that are installed. After study of this course and the associated workbook, participants should be able to understand the following overall concepts and apply them to their day-to-day work activities. They will also be able to answer related test questions on these subjects: Motor application: voltage levels, Induction motor characteristics, Torque curves: speed, slip, stall, Potential motor hazards, Starting arrangements, Current - time curves, Thermal limits for overload and start-up, Thermal and time overcurrent protection, Locked rotor protection, Phase fault protection, Ground fault protection, Differential protection, Protection against unbalanced conditions, Undervoltage protection, Synchronous motor protection.
If you are taking this course for NERC credit, the following credits will be reported.
NERC CE HOURS: CE HOURS = 4.00 OPS Topics=4.00 Standards=0.00 Simulation=0.00 EO=0.00
- Trainees will be able to explain the fundamentals of induction motor operation.
- Trainees will be able to describe common types of motor faults.
- Trainees will be able to describe types of protection that are commonly installed on small and medium sized motors.
- Trainees will be able to describe protection schemes used for large motors, 1000 hp and up.
- Trainees will be able to describe the basic construction and main features of the synchronous motor.
- Trainees will be able to describe the special protection required for synchronous motors.
SEGMENT A - THE EFFECT OF INDUCTANCESEGMENT B - THE EFFECT OF CAPACITANCESEGMENT C - POWER FACTORSEGMENT D - POWER FACTOR CORRECTION
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing the course! Your credits earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP.net within 30 days of completion. Once we report your completion at RCEP.net, you will receive a certificate of completion provided by RCEP on the email address you have provided at the time of enrollment. Please keep the certificate for your record. You may be required to submit this certificate to the state to record your PDH or present it in case if you are audited. If you have any questions or concerns please contact customer service at http://www.360trainingsupport.com
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.