- How to become a Certified Big Data & Hadoop Developer?
- Completing any one project out of the four projects given by Simplilearn, within the OSL access period of the Big Data Hadoop developer course. The project is evaluated by the lead trainer. Screenshots of the final output and the source code used should be mailed to [email protected] within the Online Self Learning (OSL) access period of the course. In case, you have any queries or difficulties while solving projects then you can get assistance from On Demand support to clarify such queries & difficulties. For Live Virtual Classroom Training, in case you have doubts in implementing the project, you may attend any of the ongoing batches of Big Data Hadoop to get help in Project work.
- Clearing the online examination with a minimum score of 80%. In case, you donât clear the online exam in the first attempt, you can re-attempt the exam one more time.
Note: It is mandatory that you fulfill both the criteria i.e. completion of any one Project and clearing the online exam with minimum score of 80%, to become a Certified Big Data & Hadoop Developer.
Big Data Hadoop Developer course will help you develop skills in the field of Big Data. Through this course you would be able to:
- Master the concepts of Hadoop 2.7 framework and its deployment in a cluster environment
- Learn to write complex MapReduce programs
- Perform Data Analytics using Pig & Hive
- Acquire in-depth understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem including Flume, Apache Oozie workflow scheduler, etc.
- Master advance concepts of Hadoop 2.7 : Hbase, Zookeeper, and Sqoop
- Get hands-on experience in setting up different configurations of Hadoop cluster
- Work on real-life industry based projects using Hadoop 2.7
Data explosion and the need for Big Data
Concept of Big Data
Basics of Hadoop
History and milestones of Hadoop
How to use Oracle Virtual Box to open a VMHadoop Architecture
Use of Hadoop in commodity hardware
Various configurations and services of Hadoop
Difference between a regular and Hadoop Distributed File System
Case StudyHadoop Deployment
Steps to install Ubuntu Server 14.04 for Hadoop
Steps involved in single and multi-node Hadoop installation on Ubuntu server
Steps to perform clustering of the Hadoop environment
Case StudyIntroduction to YARN and MapReduce
Different components of YARN
Concepts of MapReduce
Steps to install Hadoop in Ubuntu machine
Roles of user and system
Case StudyAdvanced HDFS and MapReduce
Advanced HDFS and related concepts
Steps to decommission a DataNode
Advanced MapReduce concepts
Various joins in MapReduce
Concepts of Pig
Installation of a Pig engine
Prerequisites for the preparation of the environment for Pig Latin
Hive and its importance
Hive architecture and its components
Steps to install and configure Hive
Basics of Hive programming
HBase and architecture
HBase data model
Steps to install HBase
How to insert data and query data from HBase
Case Study Commercial Distribution of Hadoop
Major commercial distributions of Hadoop
Cloudera Quickstart Virtual Machine or VM
Cloudera Manager interfaceZooKeeper, Sqoop, and Flume
ZooKeeper and its role
Challenges faced in distributed processing
Install and configure ZooKeeper
Concept of Sqoop
Concept of Flume
Configure and run Flume
Case StudiesEcosystem and its Components
Hadoop ecosystem structure
Different components and their roles in the ecosystem
Case StudyHadoop Administration, Troubleshooting, and Security
Commands used in Hadoop programming
Different configurations of Hadoop cluster
Different parameters for performance monitoring and tuning
Configuration of security parameters in Hadoop
What projects will you be working on?
You will be working on 4 live industry-based projects covering around 3.5 Billion Data Points.
A US-based insurance provider has decided to launch a new medical insurance program targeting various customers. To help this customer understand the current realities and the market better, you have to perform a series of data analytics tasks using Hadoop. The customer has provided pointers to the data set you can use.
A US-based online retailer wants to launch a new product category and wants to understand the potential growth areas and areas that have stagnated over a period of time. It wants to use this information to ensure its product focus is aligned to opportunities that will grow over the next 5â7 years. The customer has also provided pointers to the data set you can use.
Domain: Social Media
As part of a recruiting exercise of the biggest social media company, they asked candidates to analyze data set from Stack Exchange. We will be using similar data set to arrive at certain key insights.
Your company has recently bagged a large assignment from a US-based customer that is into training and development. The larger outcome deals with launching a suite of educational and skill development programs to consumers across the globe. As part of the project, the customer wants your company to analyze a series of data sets to arrive at a prudent product mix, product positioning, and marketing strategy that will be applicable for at least a decade.
What are the System Requirements?
To run Hadoop, your system needs to fulfil the following requirements:
- 64-bit Operating System
- 4GB RAM
You will be using CloudLab - A cloud based Hadoop environment lab, a unique offering by Simplilearn to execute all the hand-on project work with Hadoop 2.7.
CloudLab will be accessible from Simplilearn LMS. A video on introduction and how to use CloudLab is provided in Learning Management System.
What is CloudLab feature offered by Simplilearn?
CloudLab is a cloud based Hadoop environment lab to ensure hassle free execution of all the hand-on project work with Hadoop 2.7.
With CloudLab, you will not require to install Hadoop using a virtual machine. Instead, you will be able to access already set up Hadoop environment lab using CloudLab. And hence you will not have to face following challenges related with Hadoop installation using virtual machine
- Installation & system compatibility issues
- Difficulties in configuring systems
- Issues with Rights & permissions
- Network slowdown & failure
What is the Expert Assistant Premium Support provided by Simplilearn ?
- Mentoring Sessions: Live Interaction with a subject matter expert to help participants with queries regarding project implementation and the course in general
- Guidance on forum: Industry experts to respond to participant queries on forum regarding technical concepts, projects and case-studies
- Project Assistance: Queries related to solving & completing Projects, case-studies which are part of Big Data Hadoop developer course offered by Simplilearn
- Technical Assistance: Queries related to technical, installation, administration issues in Big Data Hadoop Developer course. In case of critical issues, support will be rendered through a remote desktop.
- Hadoop Programming: Queries related to Hadoop programming while solving & completing Projects, case-studies which are part of Big Data Hadoop developer course offered by Simplilearn
- CloudLab Support: Queries related to CloudLab while you are using CloudLab to execute projects, case studies and exercises of Big Data Hadoop Developer course offered by Simplilearn
To avail the Support, submit a query to Simplilearn through any of following channels of Simplilearnâs Help & Support team. A Teaching Assistant will get in touch with you to assist with query resolution within 48 hours.
- Help & Support
- Live Chat
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.