SQL-Fundamentals of Querying
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query
- Include a search condition in a simple query
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen
- Retrieve data from tables
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report
Lesson 1: Executing a Simple Query
- Topic 1A: Connect to the SQL Database
- Topic 1B: Query the Database
- Topic 1C: Save a Query
- Topic 1D: Modify a Query
- Topic 1E: Execute a Saved Query
- Topic 2A: Search Using a Simple Condition
- Topic 2B: Compare Column Values
- Topic 2C: Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Topic 2D: Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Topic 2E: Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
- Topic 3A: Perform Date Calculations
- Topic 3B: Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Topic 3C: Manipulate String Values
- Topic 4A: Sort Data
- Topic 4B: Rank Data
- Topic 4C: Group Data
- Topic 4D: Filter Grouped Data
- Topic 4E: Summarize Grouped Data
- Topic 4F: Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
- Topic 5A: Combine Results of Two Queries
- Topic 5B: Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Topic 5C: Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Topic 5D: Check for Unmatched Records
- Topic 5E: Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
- Topic 6A: Save the Query Result
- Topic 6B: Generate an XML Report
To ensure the successful completion, we recommend completion of one of the following courses, or equivalent knowledge:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1
- Windows XP Professional: Level 2
- Microsoft Windows Vista: Level 1
- Microsoft Windows Vista: Level 2
- Relational Databases Design (Second Edition)
- Access 2003: Designing a Database
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.