Ongoing learning is all the rage these days and it’s not hard to understand why. The biggest reason for the explosive growth of ongoing training and development over the last decade is the emergence of innovation in the scientific approach to such learning. Rapidly evolving technologies, primarily the Internet and mobile computing devices, allows for the creation of personal learning environments. These days there’s no longer a need for a formal classroom. Learning can take place anywhere— in the workplace, in the convenience of a learner’s home, or even on a lunch break or while commuting to work on the train. Never before has education been so convenient and effective.
Another powerful incentive to take advantage of ongoing learning is simply because acquiring skills and knowledge is one of the best and quickest ways to advance one’s career, or to break into a new one, especially since many colleges and universities have begun to offer course credits towards a degree for online learning.
Customized Online NERC Compliance Training for the Power & Utilities Industry
In some industries, ongoing learning can literally be a matter of life and death. Such is the case with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) compliance training. Not only is the safety of workers in the industry at stake, but so is the safety and health of the consumers who rely on dependable electrical power and utilities. Violations of NERC standards can result in sanctions and costly compliance measures. Ensuring that workers in these industries are well-trained is important.
Customized Online NERC compliance training, as well as training for NERC certifications, such as that offered by 360Training, offers the same benefits and advantages as experienced in other types of industries.
- It’s customized.Online courses can be quickly designed to focus on the areas that your company most needs to emphasize. There’s no need to spend time on unnecessary training. In addition, it gives your company the flexibility to allow your employees to learn in a way that is most convenient and effective for you and for them. You can set up a dedicated classroom with computers for employees to use, or they can learn right at their own desks.
- Training capability across all types of devices. Learning can be done on any type of computing device, a PC, laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone, for even greater flexibility and convenience.
- Cost effective.With no need to have a dedicated classroom space or instructors to be physically present to teach, and by using already existing computers, companies can save a significant amount of money by opting for online training.
- Self-paced.Different people learn in different ways and at different speeds. Online learning allows for a self-paced environment, with no pressure to hurry up and finish a unit.
- Higher Retention Rate. With the ability to utilize multimedia training aids, such as videos, audio recording, and infographics, online learning engages the learner in a way that isn’t always possible in a traditional classroom setting. Plus, the ability to go back and review materials at any time is a great aid in retention.
There are many more benefits to customized online NERC compliance training. It’s not the wave of the future for nothing.