Identity with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (MS-20742)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 5 Day(s)
- Language: English
- Audience: IT Professionals
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
This module describes features of AD DS and how to install domain controllers (DCs). It also covers the considerations for deploying DCs.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying domain controllers by performing domain controller cloning
- Administering AD DS
- Describe AD DS and its main components.
- Describe the purpose of domain controllers and their roles.
- Describe the considerations for deploying domain controllers.
This module describes how to use various techniques to manage objects in AD DS. This includes creating and configuring user, group, and computer objects.
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
- Creating and managing groups in AD DS
- Creating and configuring user accounts in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Delegate administration for OUs
- Creating and modifying AD DS objects with Windows PowerShell
- Manage user accounts in AD DS.
- Manage groups in AD DS.
- Manage computer objects in AD DS.
- Use Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration.
- Implement and manage OUs.
- Administer AD DS.
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests. The module provides an overview of the components in an advanced AD DS deployment, the process of implementing a distributed AD DS environment, and the procedure for configuring AD DS trusts.
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
- Implementing forest trusts
- Implementing child domains in AD DS
- Describe the components of an advanced AD DS deployment.
- Explain how to deploy a distributed AD DS environment.
- Explain how to configure AD DS trusts.
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations. The module explains how replication works in a Windows Server 2016 AD DS environment.
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
- Modifying the default site
- Creating additional sites and subnets
- Configuring AD DS replication
- Monitoring and troubleshooting AD DS replication
- Describe how AD DS replication works.
- Configure AD DS sites to help optimize authentication and replication traffic.
- Configure and monitor AD DS replication.
This module describes how to implement a GPO infrastructure. The module provides an overview of the components and technologies that compose the Group Policy framework.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
- Creating and configuring GPOs
- Managing GPO scope
- Verify GPO application
- Troubleshooting GPOs
- Explain what Group Policy is.
- Implement and administer GPOs.
- Describe Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing.
- Troubleshoot GPO application.
This module describes how to configure Group Policy settings and Group Policy preferences. This includes implementing administrative templates, configuring folder redirection and scripts, and configuring Group Policy preferences.
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection, Software Installation, and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
- Using administrative templates to manage user settings
- Implement settings by using Group Policy preferences
- Configuring Folder Redirection
- Planning Group Policy (optional)
- Implement administrative templates.
- Configure Folder Redirection, software installation, and scripts.
- Configure Group Policy preferences
This module describes how to configure domain controller security, account security, password security, and Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA).
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Implementing audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts
- Implementing security policies for accounts, passwords, and administrative groups
- Deploying and configuring an RODC
- Creating and associating a group MSA
- Secure domain controllers.
- Implement account security.
- Implement audit authentication.
- Configure managed service accounts (MSAs)
This module describes how to implement an AD CS deployment. This includes deploying, administering, and troubleshooting CAs.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
- Deploying an offline root CA
- Deploying an enterprise subordinate CA
- Deploy CAs.
- Administer CAs.
- Troubleshoot and maintain CAs.
This module describes how to deploy and manage certificates in an AD DS environment. This involves deploying and managing certificate templates, managing certificate revocation and recovery, using certificates in a business environment, and implementing smart cards.
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
- Configuring certificate templates
- Enrolling and using certificates
- Configuring and implementing key recovery
- Deploy and manage certificate templates.
- Manage certificates deployment, revocation, and recovery.
- Use certificates in a business environment.
- Implement and manage smart cards
This module describes AD FS and how to configure AD FS in a single-organization scenario and in a partner-organization scenario.
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Overview of Web Application Proxy
- Configuring AD FS prerequisites
- Installing and configuring AD FS
- Configuring an internal application for AD
- Configuring AD FS for federated business partners
- Describe AD FS.
- Explain how to deploy AD FS.
- Explain how to implement AD FS for a single organization.
- Explain how to extend AD FS to external clients.
- Implement single sign-on (SSO) to support online services.
This module describes how to implement an AD RMS deployment. The module provides an overview of AD RMS, explains how to deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure, and explains how to configure AD RMS content protection.
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
- Installing and configuring AD RMS
- Configuring AD RMS templates
- Using AD RMS on clients
- Describe AD RMS.
- Describe usage scenarios for AD RMS.
- Describe the AD RMS components.
This module describes how to plan and configure directory syncing between Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and on-premises AD DS. The module describes various sync scenarios, such as Azure AD sync, AD FS and Azure AD, and Azure AD Connect.
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronization
- Preparing for directory synchronization
- Configuring directory synchronization
- Managing Active Directory users and groups
- Plan and prepare for directory synchronization.
- Implement directory synchronization by using Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect (Azure AD Connect).
- Manage identities with directory synchronization.
This module describes how to monitor, manage, and maintain AD DS to help achieve high availability of AD DS.
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the Active Directory database
- Active Directory backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity and access solutions
- Backing up and restoring AD DS
- Recovering objects in AD DS
- Monitor AD DS.
- Manage the Active Directory database.
- Describe the backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity access solutions.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.