A listing presentation is a high-pressure job interview where you’re asking homeowners to put their trust and their property in the hands of a stranger. As a new agent, it’s even more daunting. You don’t have the fancy awards or impressive sales numbers. Sellers are advised to only consider agents with at least 5 years of experience. It’s understandable that many new agents start out as buyer’s agents.
Everyone starts somewhere. You can improve your confidence and increase your chances of landing listings and closing more sales. Confidence breeds confidence. If you’re enthusiastic and confident, know the market, and have… Click To Tweet Sellers don’t always go for the most experienced agent. There are other factors they consider, and that’s were to focus your attention.
Who would you hire? An experienced, lackadaisical agent who thinks he knows it all and has seen it all. Or a new, confident agent who is excited about the idea of working with you, illustrating the energy to hustle every lead. Real estate is about relationships.
Use these tactics to improve your confidence, sign more clients, and sell more properties:
- Enthusiasm: People respond to enthusiasm. Get prospective clients excited to work with you. Buyers and sellers want energetic agents who will do everything they can think of to close a deal. What they don’t want is an agent who seems like she’ll just post the listing on the MLS, put a sign in the yard, and pray. They want a go-getter.
- Mentoring: Study the practices of the top producers in your area. Read articles about up-and-coming agents and note their strategies, brand, and how they got into the business. Also, mentoring is often a great way to improve quickly and gather insight it would take years to acquire. Partner with a top producer in your firm and watch carefully.
- Networking: A lot of business comes from referrals, so always be prospecting for the next connection. You never know who may refer a friend to you. Get out there and meet people, handing out and collecting business cards. Set up a system to track and manage your contacts and follow up in the future.
- Employ the New Tools: Real estate is constantly changing, especially now with the rapid pace of technology. Keep up to date on all the new trends, tools, and technology that make a listing irresistible and get it in front of the most buyers who are ready to buy.
- Boost Your Skills: Spend that time you are not serving clients or chasing leads honing your presentation skills. You can’t be great at something if you don’t practice.
- Research: Constantly learn as much as you can about the local market, days on market, list prices, sell prices, and negotiating strategies, and you will feel more confident. Plus, you’ll sound like you know what you’re talking about.
- Study the Buyers: Learn what you can about the likely buyers for your properties. Identify their pain points, wants and needs, and common concerns. Predict the likely objections and devise methods of resolving them. This will help inspire more offers and more easily see a deal through to closing.
Another method that can boost confidence, garner clients, and close sales is effective communication with clients and customers. Active listening eliminates misunderstandings and ensures you give buyers and sellers what they want. Being able to clearly, persuasively explain concepts and offers will increase your client base and improve your selling skills. Excellent communication skills are crucial to negotiating lucrative deals. As you’re building up your knowledge and experience, be sure to improve your communication skills too.
There’re a couple of routes to confidence: hard-won experience, arrogance, fake till you make it pluck, and knowledge and preparation. A good amount of insight can be gained from experience, but no matter what you hear, you don’t have to slog it out for 20 years to acquire the skills necessary to be an awesome agent. There are agents who’ve been at it for decades still doing things old school. But you don’t get points for style; it’s about the best results.
While you’re waiting for the clients and offers to roll in, why not boost your knowledge with convenient, online continuing education from 360training.com.