New Home Planning for Added Resale Value
The sale has closed, you’ve moved in all your stuff, and you’re settled in. Now it’s time to get to work. Think about 5, 10, 20 years down the road when you want to sell the house. There’s a host of repairs and improvements you’ll need to complete to maintain and increase the value of the house. The smarter you are and the more you do now, the better the chances of seeing a nice profit when you sell. But you’ve got to start planning now:
- Look over the recent home inspection and note the age of the appliances and which will need to be replaced soon.
- Highlight systems the inspector thought needed improvements.
- Research the cost, time, and labor required for the major projects.
- Draft a maintenance schedule and stick to it.
- Create an improvement plan for value-increasing improvements you want to tackle over the next few years.
- Schedule each task and budget the funds needed.
- Wood cabinets
- Stainless steel appliances
- Wood floors
- Stone countertops
- Walk-in showers