About this Course
This course provides a HIPAA refresher and update for healthcare workers who are directly involved in medical treatment. It's designed for the needs of medical students, physicians, nurses, chiropractor, medical staff, hospital staff, pharmacy staff, and other hands-on healthcare workers.
We'll review what you need to know about the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), then discuss the changes implemented by the 2021/2022 updates for the ONC 21st Cures Act Final Rule and the CMS Final Rule.
If you've never completed our HIPAA for Healthcare Workers course, you need to take that course first. This is intended to be a refresher/update only.
You'll get an instant certificate of completion for your records, and we're authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- HIPAA: Why Do I Need a Refresher?
- Who Must Abide by HIPAA?
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- “Minimum Necessary” Principal
- Permitted Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Incidental Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Authorized Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Individual Rights Under the Privacy Rule
- ONC Cures Act Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- CMS Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- Ensuring Privacy Rule Compliance
- Additional Privacy Rule Considerations
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Scenarios
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Safeguards in Daily Practice
- HIPAA Security Rule Scenario
- HIPAA Breach Notification
- What if a Breach is Discovered?
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule – Penalties
- Real Life Examples of HIPAA Breach and Violations
- Recent Updates to HIPAA
- HIPAA Compliance Checklist
What You'll Learn
- Key elements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, Security Rule, Breach Notification Rule and Enforcement Rule
- How to maintain compliance with HIPAA in daily practice
- The changes to HIPAA implemented by the Omnibus Final Rule and how they impact your responsibility and liability
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records