Smart Nutrition: Healthy Eating for All Generations: 50 Hours
This course is based on current and peer reviewed research that will provide professionals and nonprofessionals alike an easy to use roadmap for improving eating habits. Topics covered will include: exploring genetics, eating attitudes, food and fitness behaviors, and environmental and practical tips for making positive and fun dietary changes! In addition, there will be a focus on achieving and maintaining a healthy productive life for individuals and families at all ages. You will learn to use available resources and tools, including reputable free web-based programs to guide you.
Advanced Nutrition: Super Foods for the Family: 50 Hours
This course presents details on the science behind super foods, revealing how food can increase your overall performance. By completing this course, you will learn how to shop for the best foods; understand which foods to avoid; the science behind organic foods; and the best super foods to buy on a budget. Based on the latest research, this course covers the legitimate effect food has on performance, colds/flus, chronic disease, memory loss, cancer, and a lot more as well as the antibacterial and home remedy properties of super foods. In addition, the latest food and health trends are covered, helping you to sort fact from fiction.
- Guidance, instruction, and interaction from outstanding instructors that hold either a Master's or Ph.D. degree in exercise science, biomechanics, exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical therapy, nutrition or an exercise science-related degree.
- Obtain a professional college certificate from an accredited institution.
- College courses provide CECs or CEUs for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, physical therapists, athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, RD's, chiropractors and for those fitness and health professionals seeking re-certification, re-licensure, or career advancement.
- Cost-effective: expenses related to facilities, travel, and non-productive time is reduced.
- Control and flexibility: online education allows students to complete course work at their own pace.
- Easy access: online education allows students to access their education from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- Advanced education for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, physical therapists, RD's, athletic trainers, fitness managers, nurses, and chiropractors.
- Networking opportunities with industry experts, medical professionals, professors, researchers, and business leaders in the industry.
- Begin the Courses/Program at ANY TIME!: Each course within the Functional Nutrition program is offered in an OPEN ENROLLMENT Format. This means students can register at any time, and once logged in they have 8 weeks to complete the course(s) they registered for (students can complete a course before the 8 week deadline). In addition, students have 1 full year to complete all the required courses, but typically students complete the coursework within 10 weeks.
- This program is offered in partnership with the SuperKids Nutrition and the National Posture Institute. Each organization provide students with educational, membership and national certification exam opportunities.
- Smart Nutrition: Healthy Eating for All Generations
- Advanced Nutrition: Super Foods for the Family
Subject Matter Expert
Program Coordinator: Melissa Halas-Liang, MA, DR, CDE is a Certified Diabetes Educator, holds a Bachelors of Science in Clinical Dietetics and Masters degree in Nutrition Education and practiced as Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian for 10 years. She has the Certificate of training for Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management. Melissa has 15 years of diverse experience in clinical care, nutrition management, nutrition counseling, critical care curriculum, nutrition education, media and writing, and currently serves as Co-President of the Los Angeles District of the CDA and spokesperson for the California Dietetic Association. In 2006, she started SuperKids Nutrition Inc...to save the world one healthy food at a time™ a company and mega Website resource for easy-to-read credible nutrition information and activities for families.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.