This course gives you a basic understanding about OSHA's role in prevention and elimination of work-related illnesses and injuries. The OSHA standard identifies areas or activities where fall protection is needed.
Falls are the leading cause of fatalities in the construction industry. This course provides an overview of fall prevention measures and areas required to have fall protection such as leading edge work and hoist areas. Formwork and re-bar, walkways, excavations, roofing activities, and wall openings are discussed before we take a closer look at types of fall protection such as guardrails, safety net systems, and personal fall arrest systems.
It clarifies what an employer must do to provide fall protection for employees, such as identifying and evaluating fall hazards and providing training. Under the standard, employers are able to select fall protection measures compatible with the type of work being performed.
OSHA places its rules for fall protection in several different subparts in the construction standards, depending primarily on the nature of the work. The standard covers mostly construction workers, except those inspecting, investigating, or assessing workplace conditions prior to the actual start of work or after all work has been completed.
- Discuss falls in the workplace.
- Identify preventative measures to avoid falls.
- Discuss the duty to have fall protection.
- Identify and describe fall protection systems.
- Develop a fall protection plan.
- Inspect fall protection equipment.
- Case Study
- Protection from Falling Objects
- Types of Fall Protection - Active Systems
- Types of Fall Protection - Passive Systems
- Inspecting Fall Protection Equipment
- Positioning Device Systems
- Safety Monitoring System
- Fall Protection Plan
- Case Study
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing your course, you may now print your certificate of completion.
At the end of every lesson, you will be given a short quiz to test your knowledge of the material presented in that lesson.
These lesson quizzes will help you prepare for the final exam. You will be able to view every assessment result, which answers you got wrong and right, and feedback as to why the right answer is the most correct.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer? For all complaints or concerns Click here.
For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.