The Clean Air Act describes the legislative history regarding the reduction of atmospheric pollution. The United States Congress first passed the Air Pollution Control Act of 1955, then the Clean Air Act in 1963, followed by amendments in 1966, the Clean Air Act Extension in 1970, and further amendments in 1977 and 1990.
This course discusses the goals and importance of the Clean Air Act through its legislative history. Amendments have been implemented to these Acts, especially the 1990 Amendments which are covered in great detail in this course.
This course also covers how the Clean Air Act is designed to protect people and how well that goal has been accomplished. In addition, the course describes the purpose and requirements of the New Source Review (NSR) permitting program and the Title V permit program. The course ends with the Clear Skies Legislation which was proposed to reduce power plant emissions of sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxides (NOX), and mercury.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss updated major environmental laws and regulations
- Discuss the purpose and requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Describe the background and requirements of the RCRA
- Properly identify different types of hazardous waste according to RCRA regulations
- Implement hazardous waste management systems to achieve and maintain compliance
- Apply different features of the Clean Water Act in day-to-day operation
- Explain regulatory and management issues relating to Storm Water Discharges
- Identify the requirements of your SPCC plan
Subject Matter Expert
Marie Athey is the subject matter expert for 360training.com. Marie's background in EHS spans 15 years and multiple industries. You may contact Marie at [email protected]
End of Course Instructions
After successful completion you will be able to print your certificate of training.
The final exam must be completed with a 70% or higher pass rate to receive your certificate of completion.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer? For all complaints or concerns Click here.
For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.