Legal Responsibilities of the Insurance Agent
1 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 8
- Language: Enlgish
- Credit Type: General
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Arkasnas Licensed Insurance Agents
Legal responsibilities are fundamental. An insurance agent walks a difficult line with legal responsibilities to both an insurance company and a client. When the agent does not live up to these responsibilities, there is the threat of being sued. Periodically, every agent should review the legal responsibilities of an agent in modern society. An insurance agents social, ethical and professional responsibilities may be optional; but legal responsibilities are not. Legal responsibilities are the minimum amount that is required of every agent. If he does not live up to his legal responsibilities, he will end up out of business and maybe even behind bars. Because legal responsibilities are determined by common law, statute, and case law, they are evolving. An agent must remain current, making adjustments for trends and refinements. The purpose of this course is to provide the student with a knowledge and understanding of these legal responsibilities and insurance principles. Topics include: Principles of Insurance, Characteristics of Legal Responsibilities, Illegal Acts of an Insurance Agent, Ethics in the Insurance Agency, and Legal Issues in Insurance Fraud.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and know Insurance Principles and Legal Responsibilities.
- Understand and know Legal Responsibilities in the Agency.
- Understand and know Legal Responsibilities with the Insured.
- Understand and know Legal Responsibilities in the Insurance Contract.
- Understand and know Legal Responsibilities in Liability.
- Understand and know Legal Responsibilities in Consumer Protection.
- Understand and know Legal Responsibilities and HIPAA.
- Understand and know Legal Issues in Insurance Fraud.
Legal Responsibilities of the Insurance Agent - Arkansas Insurance Department
- Arkansas Insurance Department
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1200 W. 3rd Street
- Little Rock
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. 360training or a 3rd party affiliate of 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.