About this Course
If you work or do business in the state of Texas with actual or potential access to either personal health information (PHI) or sensitive personal information (SPI), you are REQUIRED to go through Texas HB300 training.
If you’re new to the job, you need to complete this training within 60 days of hiring. After that, you need to take the course annually or at least twice every two years.
In this online compliance training, you’ll learn about Texas House Bill 300 (HB300). This state legislation that expands patient privacy beyond what is required by HIPAA.
If you’ve taken HIPAA and work in Texas, you need training in both since HIPAA is federal legislation and Texas HB300 includes unique requirements. To be compliant with both federal and state laws, you must take both HIPAA and Texas HB300 trainings.
When you finish this course, you’ll get a certificate of completion, as well as 0.1 IACET CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Texas HB 300 Overview
- Covered Entities
- Electronic Health Records
- Enforcement Authority
- Civil Penalties
What You'll Learn
- Understand how Texas House Bill 300 (HB 300) protects patient privacy.
- Know how Texas HB300 works in conjunction with Federal HIPAA regulation.
- Describe the steps that a Covered Entity must take to comply with Texas HB 300.
- Become familiar with how HB300 is enforced and the penalties for noncompliance.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of HR, Ethics and Compliance courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records