Vermont DLC Alcohol Certification

How Do I Get My Vermont Alcohol Server Certification?

Taking an online alcohol seller course is the easiest way to get your Vermont Alcohol Server Awareness training. Just take training from a state-approved provider, pass the final exam, and you'll get a certificate of completion that you can print right away. Bring a copy to your boss—they need to keep it on file. Enroll now in our Vermont alcohol server training course!

Individual Course

Vermont Alcohol Server Awareness Program (ASAP) Off-Premises

Satisfy Vermont requirements with our off-premises alcohol awareness training.

Individual Course

Vermont Alcohol Server Awareness Program (ASAP)

Get your alcohol server awareness training to meet Vermont requirements.


What is Vermont ASAP Certification?

Earning Vermont Alcohol Server Awareness Program (ASAP) Certification means you've completed Vermont-approved training in safe and legal alcohol sales.

Does Vermont law require alcohol server awareness training?

Yes. Vermont requires all employees involved in the sale or service of alcohol to complete training before you start working in that capacity.

Training must be approved by the Vermont Department of Liquor Control (DLC), like the online training provided by Learn2Serve by 360training.

Licensees need to keep a record of who was trained and how, according to state law.

How long does Vermont ASAP Certification last?

Vermont ASAP Certification expires 2 years after the issue date. After that, you’ll need to complete your alcohol seller course again.

Why should I take Vermont alcohol server training?

First of all, if you’re serving alcohol, you're required to take the course by Vermont law.

But you'll also learn how to protect yourself and your employer from liability.  The DLC enforces harsh penalties for serving alcohol to minors under the age of 21. The minimum fine is $500, but you could be fined as much as $2,000, imprisoned for up to two years, or both.

Also, Vermont has a Dram Shop law, meaning if you violate alcohol service laws and a customer injures someone, the injured party can sue you, your employer, and even your employer's landlord.

Aside from liability, you can help reduce drunk driving in Vermont. From 2003 to 2012, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that a total of 212 people were killed in crashes involving a drunk driver in Vermont. Given Vermont's population, that's actually a little higher than the national average.

Vermont ASAP training covers all these topics and more.

What jobs can I get with my Vermont ASAP certification?

In Vermont, ASAP certification qualifies you for many jobs. This includes servers in on-premises establishments like restaurants and bars, as well as salesclerks in off-premises establishments like liquor stores.

Basically, any business that needs someone to check ID cards before selling alcohol requires ASAP certification.

And if you’re curious about how much money you can expect to make, here is some basic wage data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for bartenders and barbacks in Vermont.

Job Title Average Hourly Wage Average Yearly Wage
Bartender $17.65 $36,720
Bartender Helper (Barback) $13.55 $28,180

However, if you are in the top 90th percentile of bartenders, you can make much more money: $26.33 an hour.

Where can I get more information about alcohol training in Vermont?

You can find more about alcohol sales and regulations on the DLC’s website, including:

  • Mandatory posters for display in licensed establishments
  • Alcohol license types
  • Press releases and the latest news

If you are looking for more course-specific information from us check out our Vermont-approved ASAP training.

Why learn with us


We’ve been trusted by millions of learners to provide their regulatory-approved training.


You get simple to follow course content that you can access anytime, anywhere.


We're here for you with online chat and toll-free phone support.


You’re in good hands. We’ve been in business for over 20 years.

Let's Chat!