This course provides an introduction to residential real estate finance, including information on the underwriting process for FHA, VA, FNMA and FHLMC loans. It includes the following lessons:Introduction to Loans Conventional Loans FHA Loans VA Loans The Basics of Real Estate Financing Real Estate PracticeIn this course the student will learn the basics of the different types of loans available and the advantages and disadvantages of each; loan applications; appraisals; escrow; titles; and credit reports, including qualifying for loan amounts and verifying income and assets.The student will also learn how to calculate loan amounts, estimate monthly payments from property taxes, hazard and mortgage insurance, qualifying ratios and income.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts and key terms of real estate financing and the key terms
- Describe how to qualify a buyer for the most common types of loans
- Understand the use and function of escrow accounts
- Determine what a mortgage insurance premium is
- Understand the process of underwriting its guidelines
- Identify the three most common types of loans
conventional, FHA and VA
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of conventional loans
- Distinguish how to use conventional qualifying ratios
- State the advantages and disadvantages of FHA loans
- Identify the differing FHA qualification ratios
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of VA loans
- Describe VA eligibility and qualification periods
- Calculate the amount of VA entitlement used
- Calculate VA loan amounts and required down payments
- Explain the process and qualifications for assuming VA and FHA loans
- Identify other types of loans available
- Understand how to underwrite and close loans
Real Estate Finance - South Dakota Real Estate Commission
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your course. Click on the link to print your certificate. Keep this certificate for your records as proof that you completed the course.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Unlimited, 24/7 toll free phone and online chat support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule