About this Course
The purpose of Legal Update I is to support Texas license holder competence through the review of recent legislative and TREC rule changes, including changes to TREC promulgated contract forms. The courses include topics relevant to the current practice of real estate in Texas.
We'll look at statutory changes and key TREC rules updates, then dive into some specific topics. That includes changes in the areas of Seller's Disclosure Notice requirements, water issues, contracts, promulgated forms, property management, and security issues.
You'll also review the unauthorized practice of law.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% Online, Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Content is updated and current
- Chapter 1: Legislative Changes & TREC Rule Updates
- Chapter 2: Promulgated Contract Forms & Addenda
- Chapter 3: Fair Housing, Diversity, & Inclusion in Real Estate
- Chapter 4: Landlord-Tenant Issues & Property Management
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify recent TREC rule changes that affect license holders.
- Understand legislation passed by the 2021 Texas Legislature relating to the practice of real estate.
- Provide one example of how a license holder can be involved in the TREC rule making process.
- Identify key changes to the One to Four Family Residential Contract Resale and additional form.
- Describe the importance of properly using Paragraph 21 of the contract.
- Understand how to properly communicate & execute a backup offer.
- Recall issues & use of the Addendum Concerning Right to Terminate Due to Lender’s Appraisal.
- Understand the limited role of the license holder when it comes to escalation clauses and the of the client consulting with his or her attorney in the drafting of escalation clause language.
- Understand the impact of discrimination on fair housing in real estate and give one example of current fair housing violations.
- Recognize practices real estate license holders engage in that may be considered discriminatory.
- Understand recent trends in fair housing discrimination complaints and the classes affected.
- Identify diversity & inclusion initiatives, terms and conditions.
- List the protected classes of people found in TREC’s Canons of Professional Ethics and Conduct, TREC rule §531.19.
- Understand certain bills passed by the 2021 Texas Legislature relating to property management.
- Identify and understand similarities and differences in the laws that protect people with disabilities from housing discrimination.
- Provide examples of an accommodation, a modification, and a public accommodation.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
|Name:||Texas Real Estate Commission|
|Address:||1700 N. Congress Avenue|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Real Estate courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records