This is an update of the Core Course, 2005. This module discusses liens, taxes and foreclosures. There are many types of liens as well as several kinds of taxes that can attach to a parcel of real estate. When borrowers default on a debt, foreclosure is the process by which lienholders collect the unpaid portion of a debt. Because liens represent an interest in real property, it is crucial that real state licensees develop an in-depth understanding of liens and lien-related issues. Such knowledge also helps licensees to better advise buyers and sellers. The first lesson presents a general overview of liens, explains the classification of liens and discusses the types of non-tax liens. Lesson two discusses taxes and tax issues, including ad valorem taxes, real estate tax computation, special assessments, real estate transfer taxes, federal income taxes, capital gains taxes and tax shelters for homeowners and investors. It is also discusses the priority of liens. Lesson three addresses the methods of foreclosure, redemption, deficiency judgments, tips for homeowners facing foreclosure and scams related to foreclosure. The conclusion of this module presents real world dilemmas and applications of the information presented. As the student completes the module, he or she should try to paint a big picture of the issues surrounding liens, taxes and foreclosures, which the module addresses with comprehensive content questions, practices and case studies.
Liens Taxes and Foreclosures - Georgia Real Estate Commission and Appraisers Board
- Georgia Real Estate Commission and Appraisers Board
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 229 Peachtree Street, N.E. International Tower, Suite 1000
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule